About the Host - Andrew Anderson
My journey to functional medicine was unique. I grew up in the Midwest outside of Chicago in a competitive, athletic family. I was always busy playing sports during each season of the year. When I started traveling sports teams they were more strict about nutrition. Even at a younger age, I could understand how different I felt when I ate a “healthy diet”. As college approached, I was still in competitive sports and this is where dedication to health really started. From rigorous sports training and counting macros, this started to my true passion for health and wellness.
As I graduated, I varied in careers before finding functional medicine via Ortho Molecular Products. As many of you reading this, I had no idea that there were medical professionals that discuss diet, lifestyle, nutrition, and alternatives to prescription medications. That was so foreign to me as when I was seeing my pediatrician I was given a prescription and out I went.
For the last 8 years, I have had the pleasure of learning so much from the medical providers I serve. Amongst learning through experience, I also became a functional medicine patient. This has given me a WHOLE different view of what functional medicine can do for the healing process. I have been a patient for 3 years now and have my own story to tell. I get to share my journey with providers and patients that I cross paths with on a weekly basis.
I feel very fortunate to play a part in bringing together the functional medicine community in my city. I am very excited to facilitate learning, sharing, and growing with our diverse community, in hopes we can provide even more benefit to the people we serve.
Why You Should Join Our Community
Healthcare practitioners and clinicians, you are not alone.
Since 2014, the Functional Forum has been the place where likeminded healthcare professionals have come together to learn, build their communities and enhance patient care and practice management. As a branch of the Functional Forum, our community provides a space for functional integrative healthcare professionals from all disciplines to thrive and catalyze the transformation of medicine.
Clinicians join this community so they can meet likeminded practitioners and:
- Gain trustworthy referrals
- Expand their clinical toolboxes with exclusive resources and information
- Brainstorm with peers on patient cases
- Gain access to thought leaders in the industry
- Connect with new patients
- Learn best practices for running a modern practice
Who can become a member?
This is an inclusive community of health professionals passionate about root-cause care.
- Conventionally trained practitioners interested in functional integrative medicine
- Generalists (primary care, family medicine)
- Integrative Medicine (chiropractors, acupuncturists, physical therapists, dentists)
- Specialists (psychiatrist, pediatrician, cardiologist, etc.)
- Food focused practitioners (registered dieticians, nutritionists)
- Lifestyle medicine, precision medicine and naturopathic medicine practitioners
- Health coaches
- Medical stakeholders
- Digital health entrepreneurs
Join our community
Sponsors of Atlanta, GA Functional Forum Community
- Inspiration, community and practice management solutions
- E-learning content, programs and podcast help practitioners streamline and scale their practices
- Schedule a free concierge call with our team to learn more
- Professional-grade dietary supplement brand backed by research and results
- 170+ products for a wide range of health categories, from foundational nutrition to GI health and immune support
- Register for an account today!
- Clinical programs and resources to streamline your practice
- Home of Group Visit Toolkits and much more
- Download your free copy of the latest Standard Monograph on SIBO